5 Steps to Learning a New Language
Let me say up front that in my opinion, Pimsleur language courses are the best way to learn to speak a language. With Pimsleur you learn how to say new phrases in the very first lesson and build from there. Hear a free Pimsleur lesson.
When we think of adding 2,000 to 5,000 new words to our vocabulary it can seem a little overwhelming. Not only do we need to learn the new words but we also need to learn to put the new words together into sentences. But when we decide to learn a new language, this is exactly what we will need to do. So why not make it easy.
If your goal is to learn to speak a new language and you are using an audio course, here are some ideas that may make it easier for you to learn the new language effectively.
- Find a time when you can fully concentrate on what you are doing. This will be a different place for different people. It might be when you are walking or jogging. It might be when you are driving. Or it might be in a quiet room. Many people like to find a time and a place when they can do two things at one time thus expanding their time. You need to find the time and place that works for your lifestyle.
- It is important to be able to eliminate distractions. You need to be able to focus on what you are doing.
- If you are asked to respond to the native audio voice make sure your response is said out loud. This helps your brain to be indelibly impressed with what you are saying. Think about how you teach a baby how to say a word. You have them say the word out loud until they can say it properly.
- Use two or three phrases and turn them into a conversation: Let's go to a restaurant. What do you want to eat? Let's go home. It can be very simple.
- As you continue learning your new language, learn to advance your phrases into a normal conversation. This makes it easy to carry on a planned conversation with new friends that do not speak your native tongue.
As you study your new language make sure you only study about 30 minutes a lesson. You don't get fatigued and are able to concentrate much better for a shorter amount of time. Then relax until the next day. The next day you can start the lessons where you left off and before you know it, you will be speaking your new language.
Make money by joining our affiliate group.
Speak A Language ©2011